The curtains have fallen on the 5th edition of the Happy Man Bitters – Upper East Music Awards, leaving a trail of memorable moments and celebrated victories. Held at the Gnat Hall in Bolgatanga on January 5, 2024, the event recognized outstanding talent and rewarded artists who made significant contributions to the music industry.
Ging Sen Emerges as the Night’s Biggest Winner:
Ging Sen proved to be the night’s standout artist, clinching an impressive four awards across multiple categories. His unique style and undeniable artistry captured the hearts of the audience and secured him the following accolades:
- HIP HOP ARTISTE OF THE YEAR: Ging Sen’s distinctive style triumphed over formidable competitors in this category, including Billy The Rapper, Carlblingx, City Rapper, and Dee Limit.
- BEST VIDEO: Ging Sen’s visual excellence shone through in the Best Video category, where his “Upsetter” video outshined contenders like Billy The Rapper, Freshfaya, Gingen, Nambawan, and Rolex B.
- DIGITAL ARTISTE: Ging Sen’s influence extended into the digital realm, securing him the Digital Artiste award against competitors like Nambawan, Pandy, Ragga Star, and Rolex B.
- BEST RAP PERFORMANCE: Ging Sen’s dynamic performance in “Show Your Flex” earned him the Best Rap Performance award, surpassing competitors City Rapper, Billy The Rapper, Kiri Supremo, Nambawan, and Showboy.
Fasetwo and Nambawan Secure Three Awards Each:
Following closely, Fasetwo and Nambawan emerged as the second most awarded artists of the night, both securing three prestigious awards each.
- ARTISTE OF THE YEAR: Fasetwo’s triumph in this highly contested category marked a significant achievement in a field that included notable artists like PANDY, KUNDIVI MAHAMA, Gingsen, Nambawan, Ayuune Sulley, and Fresh Faya.
- SOUND PRODUCER OF THE YEAR: Fasetwo showcased his prowess as a sound producer, winning in a competitive category against Masta Khen, Kimibeatz, and Nbuuribia.
- MALE VOCALIST: Fasetwo’s soulful rendition in “A N3 Sono” earned him the Male Vocalist of the Year title, surpassing competitors Kundivi Mahama, PANDY, High Limit, and Starbwoy Sarauta.
Nambawan’s Outstanding Achievements:
- AFROBEATS/AFROPOP SONG OF THE YEAR: Nambawan’s hit track “MA LA HU” secured the Afrobeat/Afropop Song of the Year award.
- HMB – MOST POPULAR: Nambawan’s popularity soared, earning him the Most Popular award for “Ma La Hu.”
- SONGWRITER OF THE YEAR: Nambawan showcased his songwriting prowess, winning in a competitive category against Carlblingx, Flamebwoy, Kundivi Mahama, and PANDY.
Other Artists and Categories:
In addition to the top winners, Flamebwoy walked away with two awards, winning in the categories of Reggae/Dancehall Artiste and Best New Act. The night also celebrated various artists who secured one award each, contributing to the vibrant diversity of talent in the Upper East music scene.
The 2023 Happy Man Bitters – Upper East Music Awards was not just a night of recognition; it was a celebration of the region’s musical excellence and a showcase of the remarkable talents shaping the industry’s future. Congratulations to all the winners who have etched their names in the annals of Upper East’s musical legacy.